All Kentuckians 16 and older will be eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine April 5. Only the Pfizer vaccine is approved for 16 and 17-year-olds.
“This is a good day. This news means that we will beat the president’s goal by a month to have COVID-19 vaccinations opened up to everyone,” said Gov. Beshear. “We are seeing in a number of states an increase in cases and hospitalizations, and it’s happening among younger people. We want to get ahead of the more aggressive COVID-19 variants and make sure that we fill every available appointment. Make a plan to get your shot of hope.”
Here’s where to sign-up for vaccinations in Fayette County:
Kentucky Regional Vaccination Center (Kentucky Horse Park, 4089 Iron Works Parkway – vaccines administered inside Alltech Arena on main pedestrian level. Follow directional signage)
- Vaccinations will take place, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., Thursdays through Saturdays – appointments are required.
- Sign-up online for an appointment, or call 1 (866) 211-5320.
- Appointments are open to anyone age 16 and older starting Monday, April 5.
- Golf cart transportation will be available for those who need assistance with mobility from their vehicle into the arena.
- The vaccination location is operated by Kroger in partnership with the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
UK HealthCare (Kroger Field, park in Blue Lot and follow directional signage)
- Request to be vaccinated:
- The University of Kentucky is urging residents, age 16 and older, from across the state to request a vaccine appointment at this location.
- This location operates 9 a.m. – 7 p.m., Tuesday through Friday, and 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. on Saturdays.
- After you’ve requested a vaccination, an invitation will be sent to the email address you provide – look for an email from UK HEALTHCARE VACCINATIONS.
- Once receiving the invitation, respond as quickly as possible.
- Approximately 20,000 vaccinations are administered each week at Kroger Field. This number may increase as more vaccine doses become available.
- Vaccinations are only available with an appointment.
- For those who cannot access online tools, or need assistance, call (859) 218-0111.
- For more information, visit ukvaccine.org.
- If you are credentialed to provide vaccinations, please consider volunteering in a clinical or non-clinical position at this location. If you are interested, sign-up to volunteer here.
- If you are a UK faculty member, staff member or student, you can find information on vaccination plans online.
Lexington-Fayette County Health Department
- Providing vaccinations for those 18 and older who live or work in Fayette County. Vaccinations are available through appointment-only vaccination clinics as available.
- Dates and times of those clinics will be announced by the Lexington-Fayette County Health Department.
- No walk-ins will be accepted.
- The clinics will be limited to those 18 and older who live in or work in Lexington.
- To learn more, go to www.lfchd.org/vaccine
- Phase 1B (70 + years old) Notification Form: If you are 70 and older, you can receive notifications about future clinics by providing information at COVID-19 Vaccination Notification Form. If you receive your first dose from Lexington-Fayette County Health Department, you will be contacted about scheduling your second dose.
Know this is NOT a guarantee of getting the vaccination. This is a way to be notified about future vaccination clinics as they become available. If you have questions, call (859) 899-2222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The ability to get vaccinated will require an appointment.
Walgreens Pharmacies – Federal Partner Sites
- Appointments are required to be vaccinated.
- Visit here to see if you’re eligible and to schedule your appointment at available locations. Individuals will need to set up a Walgreens account to sign up.
- Vaccine quantities are limited.
Baptist Health Lexington, Lexington Green (116 Lexington Green Circle)
- Now scheduling appointments for area residents in vaccine phases 1A through 1C.
- To schedule an appointment, visit scheduleyourvaccine.com
Lexington VA Health Care System, Bowling Campus (1101 Veterans Drive)
- Veterans of any age can receive a COVID-19 vaccine at the Lexington VA Health Care System by walking-in, signing-up for an appointment or sending a secure message to their primary care providers through MyHealtheVet.
- Vaccinations are available 9 a.m. – 2 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Sign-up for an appointment here
- For more information call (859) 233-4511 ext. 4814.