DEM is monitoring the ongoing effects of today’s high winds on Fayette County.
Ongoing wind advisory until 7:00 p.m. tonight.
Versailles Road between New Circle and Man O’War is closed due to high-voltage lines down across all lanes (see map). This closure is expected to last until 8:00 p.m. tonight. Only local access is being permitted.
Traffic signals out:
- Versailles Road corridor – all except Alexandria Drive, which is on flash
- West Main at Newtown and Jefferson
Remember to treat disabled traffic signals as all-way stop signs. Exercise extreme caution.
Approximately 15,000 customers are without power in Fayette County. For details and estimated restoration times, see the outage maps linked below.
|Kentucky Utilities||Blue Grass Energy|
|Online Outage Map:||http://stormcenter.lge-ku.com/default.html||Online Outage Map:||http://outage.bgenergy.com/|
|Outage Reporting:||(800) 981-0600||Outage Reporting:||(888) 655-4243|
|Outage Map Mobile Apps:||Apple iOS
Blue Grass Airport is on backup power but is operating normally. Secondary sources show no delays greater than 30 minutes on outbound flights.
The following LFUCG divisions are without power or phone service:
- Versailles Road Complex (MECU and Parks Distribution)
- Social Services Complex (Family Care Center, Day Treatment and CASA)
- McConnell Springs
- Lexington Artworks Cultural Center (Carver Center)
- Old Frankfort Campus (Streets & Roads, Facilities Management and Traffic Engineering)