Heavy rainfall associated with the remnants of Tropical Storm Nate will be possible late this weekend, and into early next week.
The heaviest rain is expected to fall in a time period Saturday night through Monday morning. Amounts ranging from 1 to 3 inches are expected in most areas, however localized amounts greater than 3 inches could occur in areas that see repeated heavy rainfall.
At this time central and southern KY look to receive the heaviest rainfall. Some flooding issues may arise, however a recent dry spell should keep widespread flooding problems from occurring.
With the sunny days, there are some things you can do to be prepared:
- Trim tree branches away from your house and power lines.
- Clean gutters that may be filled with leaves and debris.
- Secure loose gutters and shutters.
- Put away outdoor furniture and other yard items that may blow around in the wind.
- Check your emergency kit and make sure it’s properly stocked – Check flashlights, radios and batteries in case power goes out.
- Go through your 72 hour emergency food supply. Make sure items are up to date. Check your three day supply of water.
- Plan for your pets. Put together a pet emergency kit for them as well, just in case you need to leave your home and stay with friends or neighbors.