The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet, Department of Highways, announces that temporary lane closures are scheduled for New Circle Road and Old Frankfort Pike in Lexington, Fayette County. The closures are necessary for pavement repair work to be completed. The work will take plan from 7pm on Thursday, May 5 through 7am Friday, May 6.
New Circle Road:
- Inner loop – repairs will begin with the left/fast lane and then progress to right/slow lane
- One lane will remain open at all times
- Motorists will be guided through a traffic switch to allow for the repair work
When work has been completed for New Circle Road, repairs will begin on Old Frankfort Pike
Old Frankfort Pike:
- The location will be the bridge over New Circle Road on Old Frankfort Pike
- One lane will be closed with one lane remaining open
- Motorists will be guided through the work zone
All work is subject to change depending on weather, emergencies and other factors beyond the control of the Department of Highways.