Update: Saturday Afternoon
Due to the overwhelming response to our vaccine clinic today, the clinic has closed the line early.
The clinic hours for Sunday and Monday have changed as well.
- Sunday, January 17, from 8 am to 2 pm
- Monday, January 18, from 8 am to 2 pm
Bowling Campus (formerly Cooper Dr. location) is located at 1101 Veterans Drive, Lexington KY 40502.
NOTE: National Guard and Reservists who do not have 24 cumulative months of Title 10 time, are not eligible.
What to expect
- VA staff will instruct you where to park in the garage; follow attendants’ instructions. We may ask you to wait in your cars, rather than in the hospital, to enforce social distancing.
- When you enter the lobby, you will choose the appropriate station — not enrolled, enrolled at another VA or haven’t been seen in 2+ years, or current LexVA patient with ID. (Your DD-214 must be honorable, under honorable conditions, or general for type of discharge)
VA Staff will:
- Update your phone, address, email, next of kin etc.
- Schedule your second dose in three weeks.
- Direct you to a clinic for vaccination.
- Observe you for 15-minutes after the vaccination.
From Friday, Jan 15, 2021
The Veterans Administration Hospital in Lexington on the UK Campus is offering a FREE COVID-19 vaccination clinic this weekend.
This is a walk in event for veterans 50 years of age and older ONLY. No appointment is required.
The vaccination clinic at the Bowling Campus for Veterans at the University of Kentucky. The address is 1101 Veterans Drive.
The clinic will be open this Saturday, January 16 from 9am to 5pm, and Sunday, January 17 and Monday, January 18 from 9am to 4pm.
The vaccine requires a second dose three weeks after the first. Veterans walking-in this weekend, must return February 6, 7, or 8.
- Enrolled Veterans, bring your VA ID.
- If you are not enrolled in VA care, bring a government-issued photo ID, insurance card and your DD-214 (if available). VA staff will enroll veterans prior to your vaccination. Even if you had not previously met eligibility requirements, you can receive a vaccination.
- If you have received ANY vaccination (e.g. shingles, flu) in the last 14 days, you cannot receive this vaccine – yet.
- Walk-in clinic is for Veterans only, spouses will not receive a vaccine.
- Due to social distancing please don’t bring spouses/ significant others. Children are not allowed in the VA facility.